If you’re looking for a job, you’ve probably checked out Linkedin. It’s the go-to site for professional networking and job hunting. With over 450 million users, it’s no wonder that so many companies use it to find their next employee.
LinkedIn is a great site for business professionals, but it can be tough to stand out from the crowd. One way to make your profile stand out is to use banners. They can help you show off your skills and accomplishments, and they can help you catch the attention of potential employers. You can create your own banners, or you can use ones that are already available online, like Venngage banners. By using banners, you can make sure that your LinkedIn profile stands out from the rest.
Here are some reasons to have a LinkedIn banner:
- A Linkedin banner is a great way to add some flair to your profile. Since it’s in an area that gets a lot of attention when people view your profile, you’ll get more opportunities for exposure.
- A banner is an easy way to tell potential employers exactly what positions you are looking for. You can put together one specific to the job you want or choose from an all-purpose web banner design that applies to many different types of jobs.
- If you don’t have a profile picture on Linkedin, a banner is a great way to add some life to your page. It’s fun and playful, and it will help humanize your profile so that potential employers won’t just see a list of jobs and achievements. Plus, you’ll get more attention on the site when people click through to look at your banner instead of immediately moving on to the next profile.
- Using a Linkedin banner will help set you apart from the rest of the professionals on the site, so it’s an easy way to attract employers who are specifically looking for someone with your skills and experience.
- Linked banners will give your profile more exposure, increase the number of views on your pages and help you to get more out of LinkedIn. When someone visits your page they will see that you have a linked banner already placed in your profile which gives them the option to click on it straight away!
- LinkedIn profiles with a linked banner also help to make good first impressions on potential employers, they can instantly tell if there’s something special about you compared to the rest. When you have a banner, it shows off your best work and really stands out on the page. Employ
- Basically, employers can see you on a larger scale and your profile will be more noticeable.
Having a linked banner on your page really does show how successful and professional you are. Make sure that when people view your profile it can answer all of their questions about who you are and what you can offer! It’s important to make sure that your LinkedIn profile represents you in the best possible way. It’s important that your page looks complete and has all of the best features included because this will increase how likely you are to get hired.
If you need some inspiration for how to make the perfect LinkedIn banner, check out these top tips:
1) Make your LinkedIn Banner Personal
LinkedIn banners should reflect who you are as a person and what makes you special. They don’t need to be overly professional or corporate; think of it like you would your resume or personal statement. You want your potential employers to see the real person behind the job title and not just more achievements before they decide whether or not they want to keep reading about you on Linkedin.
2) Be Creative with your Banner Design
There are hundreds of different ways that you could design your banner, so it’s important not to be afraid to get creative. You can use proper graphics or attach photos, text styles are completely up to you. There are no rules when it comes to being unique so make sure that when people look at your banner they automatically know what type of person you are! You can opt to use banner makers online to get the job done!
3) Keep your Web Banner Design Subtle
When designing a Linkedin banner, try to keep everything simple and easy on the eye. If there is too much going on then it might be confusing for someone to look at and in the end, it will put them off clicking through to your page. Employers want a short and sweet banner that is going to increase their interest, not bore them with too much information!
4) Use Versatile Images from a Banner Maker
When designing a Linkedin profile you should go for relevant images that can be used in more than one way.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are some examples of great banners from Venngage:
This example shows a subtle theme with one image being used throughout the banner. It’s easy to understand what this candidate is all about just from one simple picture which is great if you don’t have any other photos to use.
This banner is very unique because it doesn’t have one specific focus point, however, this makes the banner stand out much more than other ones on Linkedin. It contains several images which are all stylishly done so they match each other well and there isn’t too much text either! This means that the focus will be on the images first rather than having everything cluttered together which can cause problems with legibility. The colors used throughout are also subtle but effective – if you want to go for a poster-like theme, this is definitely the way to do it.
5) Use the help of a Banner Creator like Venngage
If you need help, Venngage is an online banner creator which is a great way to create professional visuals for your LinkedIn profile. With over 1 million templates and tools, you can easily create an eye-catching banner that will help you stand out from the crowd. Why not try it today?