Last updated on December 10th, 2019 at 04:44 pm
The gaming world is changing for good. Google has a new platform called Stadia. Rather than coming to market with another console or PC competitor, Google Stadia is a new service that allows you to play your favourite games on all of your devices using powerful streaming technology.
Google Stadia was launched on November 19th in 14 different countries including the US, UK and Canada. Boasting at least 22 games at the launch, Stadia was initially priced at $130. In this, you get a starter set along with three months of premium service and will cost you $10 a month afterwards. Also, a separate free version will be introduced in 2020 with 42 confirmed games in total so far.
Google Stadia lets you play modern games on just about any screen you own, with Google’s servers handling all the processing power and beaming them to you via the cloud. There are no downloads or installations to worry about. If your device can run a Google Chrome browser, it can handle Google Stadia.
Also, Google Stadia can stream gameplay at 4K resolution with HDR and 5.1 surround sound at 60fps all via the internet, if your internet connection can handle it.
Google Stadia Pricing
It will come with a Pro subscription costing $9.99/£8.99 per month. This subscription will provide access to stream your games at 4K/60fps/HDR with 5.1 surround sound. This will also open access to a growing library of games that will be free for as long as you are subscribed to Stadia Pro.
But, if you don’t want to pay for a Stadia Pro subscription, you can still use Stadia Base, coming in 2020. However, the free services will witness 1080p/60fps with stereo sound. Also, you will have to buy the games individually. Although, once you purchase the games, they become yours forever.
It’s Controller Specifications
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac connectivity
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2 (BLE)
- Headset jack: 3.5mm headset jack for headsets with or without a microphone
- USB: USB-C port for charging, wired gameplay, and accessories such as USB-C headsets. HID-compliant
- Weight: 268g
- Dimensions: 163mm x 105mm x 65mm
- Google Assistant: Google Assistant button to trigger the microphone
- Capture button: Captures image and video quickly
- Battery: Internal rechargeable Li-Ion battery