We all have some significant and sensitive data stored in our laptop, tabs, desktop that we are conscious about. Many users had this doubt as for how to protect their data easily and without any breakthrough. So, here I will let you know easy steps to protect your data. If you don’t want your data to mesh into the wrong hands, or to the third party then ensure you are making the use of encryption. Encryption means protecting the data in such a form that the other party cannot read it unless given authorization. The best tool that will help you out here and the one I personally use is BitLocker.
What is BitLocker?
BitLocker is a very useful device that gives access to you to authorize the hard drive and removable drive so, that no one can peep inside your private data space. Here authorization means you can encrypt the data with the help of encryption key.
How to turn on BitLocker?
- Click on the “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”.
- Once the control panel is open look out for “System and Security” and click. After that, you will see “BitLocker Drive Encryption” on your screen.
- Now click on “Turn on BitLocker”.
Note – Once you will turn on the BitLocker, it will first check the system requirement and will give you the details.
What are the system requirements for using BitLocker?
BitLocker runs on the following Windows 7 Enterprise, 7 Ultimate, Windows Vista, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, and Windows 10 Pro.
To run BitLocker in your system, you must be equipped with the aforesaid operating systems and along with the following
[wp-svg-icons icon=”arrow-right-2″ wrap=”i”] Two partition storage device.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”arrow-right-2″ wrap=”i”] Trusted Platform Module (TPM) – It is used to do the authentication check on the system firmware and hardware.
What are the benefits of using BitLocker?
1.Data Protection – BitLocker will protect your data at an all-inclusive level stored in your windows operating system. It will not let hackers get the access of the data at any point.
2. Additional security with TPM – TPM protects your data by creating an encryption key and by any chance if someone gets hold of your data physically then also stealing it will not be possible without the key.
3. Consistent security check – BitLocker will check the operating system each time you start your computer. And if there are any vulnerabilities, then the particular data or drive will get locked.
From now chuck out all your worries related to the private and sensitive data stored in your Windows Operating System as BitLocker creates the definitive protection shield. I use it and highly recommend you to safeguard your data being hacked or getting into wrong hands with BitLocker.