Last updated on April 26th, 2021 at 08:23 pm
One of the disliked features of Windows is getting automatic updates. It forces one to shut down the computer and wait for the updates to take place. But from now you can save your time by disabling the automatic updates features with these methods. The methods mentioned below to turn off the automatic updates on windows are based on the Windows editions.
How to set off Automatic Updates on Windows 10 Pro
- First press Windows key and R simultaneously.
- Now a small dialog box will open, here type gpedit.msc and then press Enter.
- The Group Policy Editor will get open. Here go to Computer Configuration then administrative Templates then
- Windows Components then go to Windows Update
- In Startup type, select Disabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the settings
- Now click on Apply and then Ok.
How to set off Automatic Updates on Windows 7 and 8.1
- Click on the Start button, next select Control panel.
- In Control panel select System and Security.
- Here you will get the option of Windows Update. Click on “Turn automatic updating on or off.”
- Note – Don’t forget to check the Change Setting option. Set “Never check for updates (not recommended) into On mode and click on Ok.
How to set off Automatic Updates on the older version of Windows 10
- First click on the Start button then go to Settings and then click on Network and Internet.
- Here select Wi-Fi and then choose the name of the connection you are using.
- Here on the new window, you will get the option of “Metered Connection”; Turn it on.
Note – Make sure to wait for a minute to confirm the settings are done successfully.
These methods of how to turn off automatic updates on Windows will be helpful for you in the long run. Assure that none of the steps are missed or else the automatic updates will not turn off otherwise you will need to start the entire process again.