Last updated on September 10th, 2018 at 07:33 am
User Review( votes)
iPhone is undoubtedly one of the most famous and expensive smartphones in the mobile market. It is one of the leading mobile brands in the expensive range of mobile phone with an unmatched fan following. Along with its expensive product cost and stylish features, iPhone has the most memorable features for iPhone lovers.
But it is nightmare for iPhone holders if any malfunctioning or fault arises in the device. iPhone has very limited customer services and always recommend original products and methods for replacement. Also, the cost of repairs will be expensive due to rare products and limited resources and specialists to repair. This is all for Hardware problems.
Software issues are comparatively easy to solve, but its common question by many people, my iPhone won’t turn on, what to do? If you tried to power on by long holding power and still iPhone doesn’t turn on, don’t worry. It is not a complicated problem and is caused by some common mistake. In this article, we will discuss reasons for iPhone not turning on and how to solve this issue.
Why iPhone won’t turn on?
There may be many problems faced this iOS device, but most common problem is, “my iPhone won’t turn on” issue. This is faced by many iPhone users throughout the world. Here are some reasons for this issue:
1). Dropped iPhone: Many problems smartphone problems arise with one simple mistake, dropping phone either mistakenly or with any other reasons as well. No, different is iPhone manufactured with the finest and most sensitive materials. So, the smartphone which is made of fragile materials and hence causes problems including this one.
One most of the known trick to recover from this issue due to dropping, pushing the home button and lock button at same time. Hold for some time and if nothing happens then, try connecting your device to laptop or PC and check connection with iTunes. If connects, then back-up and restore your device. If this also didn’t work then try contacting Apple customer support for this hardware issue.
2). Due to Water damage: As mentioned, smartphones are sensitive to many external factors such as hard impact. Water is one such factor which can make the internal circuitry numb until water dries out. Don’t try to turn on your iPhone immediately after recovering it from the water. Take good enough time to make mobile dry and then work on it. You can keep your wet device in a bowl on uncooked rice making sure that these grains will not enter into the mobile phone. Another option is to place the wet phone in a bowl with silica gel packets which will absorb the wetness. Don’t touch for 24-48 hours until it dries completely and after that try switching on.
3). Due to iOS update: Sometimes iPhone may not turn on even due to bad update or some other issues. In this case, the following instructions will help:
- Force Restart: your device by pressing and holding the wake button and home button at same time. Hold those buttons for at least 10 seconds until the apple logo appears on screen.
- If that doesn’t work, use iTunes and restore iPhone to factory settings and it doesn’t work then, restore your device through recovery mode and then restore the device.
How to make iPhone turn on?
In above reasons, we discussed solving the issues in a short manner. In this section, we will discuss different ways to turn on your iPhone:
- Force Restart your iPhone
When people complain that my iPhone won’t turn on and most common answer from many people is, have you tried force restarting your mobile? This is the first thing you should try when your iPhone doesn’t turn on. When software crashes, iPhone Screen will go blank and a force restart will set it right. Steps to follow:
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button for at least 10 – 20 seconds.
- Release the button only after the Apple logo appears after those seconds.
- If that doesn’t work, then toggle mute switch several times and repeat above two steps again
- Charging your device
It is a very known fact that, when the battery of the device completely drained then, mobile switches off and will not turn on. Then try connecting to the charger and charging it for some time. Don’t try to switch on iPhone immediately because it takes some time for iPhone to get charged. Make sure it is disconnected only after it is fully charged.
Some people will have problems such as –“My iPhone 6 got hot won’t turn on, what should I do?” The best solution to this question is to wait until your device becomes cool. Make sure iPhone is normal temperature and then connect it to charges as the device may be hot due to heavy usage and draining the charge of the device.
Normally, when connected to the charger, charging screen should appear after some time. But if that doesn’t happen, then try connecting to another charging cable or try to connect at another power outlet. Or change method of charging, charge it using laptop or system. If all these methods fail, then the last option available is restore and backup.
- Backup, Update or restore using iTunes
iTunes is software on the system that helps to update or manage data of iOS devices. Make sure, you are using updated, iTunes version to avoid any error messages. Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes. If it recognizes, then back up your data and restore the device. This will wipe off all current system.
After sometimes, if there are sounds related to notifications, vibrations or any other but no display it implies that there are display problem and the user should visit the nearest Apple store or customer care.
- Recovery Mode
If iTunes restore doesn’t help then it is advisable to update from recovery mode by following these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and Launch iTunes.
- Force restart the device by holding wake/sleep button and home button at same time until the Apple logo appears. Release buttons when recovery mode is shown.
- Two options: Restore or Update appears and choose Update. iTunes will install the new iOS version in your device.
- If the installation takes more time, the device may exit recovery mode, in such case, repeat steps from step 2, until the update is done.
- Once update is done, Device will be new iPhone to use.
If all these did not work, it is definitely a problem with hardware in your device and user should visit nearest Apple store or customer care.
Tips for avoiding this problem
As discussed, iPhone won’t turn on issue occurs due to some common mistake and it is better to be careful in those situations. Tips are as follows:
- Be careful while handling your phone. Hard impact on the smartphone due to situations such as dropping may have a permanent effect on the device. Sometimes, dropping may lead to hardware damage also.
- While using iPhone in places, where water is adequate it is better to make sure, it doesn’t come in contact with water.
- Make sure iPhone is protected from any malicious software or unknown applications and don’t install such applications on your device which may cause crashing of software.
- Always wait till proper installation of an update to avoid problems with the update of iOS.
- Don’t use iPhone till gets too much heat. Make sure device is given enough cooling period for the proper functioning of the device.
**If you are not able to fix your iPhone issues ever after trying the above methods and tips then we would like to advice you to try the below software by Wondershare.
Next times, if anyone tells that –my iPhone won’t turn on, and then make him or her to try out these steps to turn it on. If none of the steps worked, then it is recommended to visit the nearest Apple Store or customer care for repair. Following tips may help to avoid these types of situations.