Last updated on September 15th, 2019 at 03:59 pmReading Time: 2 minutes
A corrupt video is never an asset and I felt this when my 10GB HD video got altered in no time. I was pissed as it was a great cluster of different important videos like my classroom lectures and some YouTube ones also.
I had lost my hopes for their recovery, but then one of the friends suggested me to use a video repair tool. But, I was not sure a video repair tool would be able to fix the problem. Then he convinced me through following points-
How can you re-encode your video file?
Using a prominent tool will help you re-encode your video keeping quality and format of your original file-
When do you need to re-encode a video file?
- When you find your video file to be broken and no video player can read that. The first and foremost to apply in this case is to re-encode the file to see whether the file is fixed or not.
- When you play your video file on your favorite video player, your file was jittery and glitch. A re-encoding process for a corrupt video file can solve this issue.
- A popular free video repair tool is specifically built for this problem. When you are using a tool, ensure it is compatible with every operating system, like Windows, Mac, and others.
How to process video re-encoding for your file?
- Start with dragging and dropping the corrupt file into the main windows
- Choose the output path
- Set the quality setting with no change.
- Lastly, click the “Re-Encode” button.
How to repair MP4 MOV video files?
If your video file is MP4 MOV, then here are some ways to repair your files-
Your video repairs file would have got error 0xc00d36c4 or -2048 when you try to open it.
The process to decode your file-
- Go to the website of the tool.
- Click on the given button to select your video.
- Wait till the video gets uploaded. When the video finishes the upload, a new page will automatically open showing the further repair procedure.
- The tool will scan the corrupt file and will repair it using popular video preset. If it discovers a matching preset, your video will be recovered. You can play it again.
There various ways to repair a video and it also depends on the type of issue that irritates the video player.