Making CDs, DVDs, Blue-ray discs for audio, videos, and data storage is something we’ve been doing for a while now. Even with the use of USB drives, hard drives, and cloud storage, these discs have not completely lost their importance. Whether it is for personal use or commercial use, you will need reliable burning software to burn the discs, adjust the storage space partitions, etc.
We’ve got not one but five burning software to choose from, that too for free (though some of them are free only for a limited time).
5 Best Burning Software for Windows
BurnAware is one of the best burning software in the market. It comes in three editions, depending on your requirements. A few features of the software are-
- Disc burning
- Disc copying and erasing
- Data recovery
- Audio tools extraction
- ISO levels selection
- UDF partition
- ISO burner
- Direct copying from disc to disc and more.
The software is multilingual and works with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
The basic version is free to download and suitable for home users. The Premium and Professional versions have a 10-day free trial version.
Check out the detailed review of BurnAware to know more about this software.
2. NCH Express Burn Disc Burning Software
NCH has developed an Express Burn Disc Burning Software that lets you burn CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs and do much more like creating menus and chapters in the discs. It is a powerful and easy-to-use software. You just need to drag and drop the files to start burning the discs. The following are some features of the software-
- Supports various audio formats such as MP3, WMA, OGG, and many more
- Allows DVD authoring by creating and managing chapters on the discs
- Supports all video formats
- Create menus using the 20 templates available with the software
- ISO burner
- Burn re-recordable discs and more
The software works on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (64-bit). It also works on Mac OS X 10.5 and higher versions.
The free software is meant for non-commercial home use and can be downloaded from the website. However, it is limited to burning only CDs.
3. AShapmpoo® Burning Studio FREE
Who doesn’t like simple and hassle-free burning software? From data backup to creating audio and video discs, this software helps you burn CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs with ease. Here is what the software can do-
- Backup data in the discs (create password-protected discs)
- Rip CDs to extract audio with automatic album detection
- Support various audio formats
- Built-in normalization to minimize discrepancies in sound
- Burn HD and Full HD movies Burn ISO images and more
The software works on Windows 7, 8, and 10. It has more than 20 million users from over 160 countries in the world. The software gets downloaded around 500,000 times per month.
4. Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning 2
Another easy-to-use burning software on our list is by Roxio. This one is, however, free only for the first month. The software has been created for professionals to create lovely audiovisuals in CDs, DVDs, etc.
- Copy and convert audio files
- Record voiceover and capture videos
- Built-in Gracenote® technology to automatically add metadata to the files
- Edit custom info, rip CDs and extract audio
- Trim videos and crop photos
- Using templates to create new videos
- Combine multiple videos, enhance sound effects
- Convert files in batches and more
The software works on Windows 7 SP1, 8.x, and 10. It needs Windows Media Player 10 or higher and supports 7 global languages.
DeepBurner has four different software tools to burn CDs. You can choose between DeepRipper (for ripping CDs), DeepDVDMovie (forDVD authoring), DeepBurner Free (burn CDs and DVDs), and DeepBurner Pro (a complete package for professional use). The free version has been developed for home users and lets you-
- Burn data to CDs, DVDs
- Create backup files
- Create photo albums
- Burn audio and video discs and more
The software works on Windows 7, 8, and 10. You can also download the portable version of the software and carry it on USB drives. The file size of the free software is just 3MB.
You can download any of the above software from the respective company website and start using it. We have tried and tested all of them before compiling this list for you. That resulted in burning quite a few CDs and DVDs, but we had to make sure we were listing only the best for our readers.
Backup your files, images, videos, and documents, share the discs with others, play your favorite music on the go, and do much more with your personal collection of CDs and DVDs. Make the most of the free burning software.