Phones are such an indispensable part of our lives today, and we carry a lot of important data around in it wherever we go. Be it photos, e-books, music or movies, our iPhones, iPads, and iPods have everything that we need and more. The only trouble is that the only files it can have are the ones that are purchased or downloaded from iTunes. So what about those important files we have on our PC that we might need to view when we are away from home? iTunes is not a very feasible option, as a lot of devices do not support iTunes and also that iTunes is sometimes filled with bugs, is slow and has less functionality. Syncing your Apple device with iTunes might also completely erase your old library and you might lose all your previous data. So how do you transfer files from iPhone to PC without iTunes? There are five easy, quick and effective ways to achieve this. Read on to find out!
Method 1 – Using WinX MediaTrans
WinX MediaTrans is an alternative to the often buggy iTunes. It lets you transfer files from PC to your iOS device and vice-versa easily and then manage it on your phone. You don’t need an Apple ID to use it. WinX MediaTrans allows you to transfer music that’s not from iTunes, compress media files and also gives you the option of password protecting your private videos, photos and selfies with unbreakable encryptions. It is available for both Mac as well as Windows PC and is as simple to use as copy and paste. It can be used on all iOS devices with iOS 7 or higher, even including the latest iPhone XS, XR etc. It works faster than any other iOS file transfer tool by using these easy steps:
- Download WinX MediaTrans for free on your Windows or Mac PC from the official website and install it. Ensure that you also have iTunes installed on your PC.
- Connect your iOS device to PC using a USB cable. On your device, click “Trust” on the notification that pops up to allow the application to access files.
- Open the app and you will see the options according to media file type: Video Manager, Music Manager, Photo Transfer, Book and more. Each mode provides an “Add file” option so click on the kind of file you would like to transfer.
- Select as many files as you require from your PC to transfer to your iOS device.
- When done, click on “sync” to so that the app can begin transferring files to your iPhone, iPad or iPod quickly. Make sure to not touch the USB cable to prevent data loss.
That’s all! As an iTunes alternative, WinX MediaTrans is easy to install and even simpler to use, thanks to its super friendly interface. It connects and transfers in the blink of an eye without losing out on quality. You can use it to transfer one or many files at once from Windows or Mac PC to an iOS device or vice versa. It is an iTunes alternative that offers features that iTunes doesn’t, like allowing you to transfer even songs you didn’t buy from iTunes and make proper playlists. It also offers support to a lot more media file types than iTunes, and automatically compresses and converts them during transfer to make sure that it is compatible in your device. You can get it for free by downloading it from the official website. If you would like the full license worth $29.95, you can get it for free as well in the limited time giveaway! It comes with lifetime tech support and free lifetime upgrade and is definitely the best iPhone manager out there.
Method 2 – Using AirDrop
AirDrop is an application that comes pre-installed on macOS, specifically 2012 Mac models and later that run OS X Yosemite or later. It cannot be used on Windows PCs to transfer files from PC to iPhone, but you can instead use the first method (WinX MediaTrans) in such a situation.
AirDrop is simple to use, just follow these steps:
- Connect your Mac and iPhone to Wifi and turn on Bluetooth and ensure that they are within thirty feet of each other
- On your Mac, go to Finder and select Go at the top and then choose AirDrop from the submenu.
- The main AirDrop window that opens up should show an image of your iPhone. If it is a device not in your contacts, turn on “Allow me to be discovered by” and make sure your iPhone is unlocked.
- The easiest way to send a file is to drag and drop the files into the window. You can also use the “Share” option to find your file.
- Once selected, the file will automatically be sent. You may be asked to click on “Accept” to begin transferring the file to your iPhone.
- Once it is transferred successfully, you will be asked to choose the app you would like to open the file with.
Method 3 – Using iCloud
iCloud is a more versatile platform than AirDrop to share files as it is available on both Windows (7, 8, 10 and higher) as well Mac (OS X, OS X Yosemite or higher). Once it is enabled on your iOS device as well as PC, you can view files on your handheld device easily. It is important to note that iCloud simply works as a gate that allows you to view and edit files on your PC on certain apps on your phone. It does not technically transfer the file, and also has a limitation of 5 GB. If you want to save the file to your iOS device, you should use the first method.
To use iCloud, follow these steps:
- Download iCloud drive to your PC from the official Apple iCloud website.
- Use your Apple ID to sign in and to finish the installation. Reboot your PC.
- Locate the iCloud Drive folder on your PC. Or instead, choose “options” on the right.
- Drag all the items you want to store to this window and allow it to sync on to the iCloud server one by one.
- On your iPhone, make sure your iCloud is set up in Settings. You can download the iCloud Drive app from the Apple App Store If you don’t already have it.
- You can view all your iCloud Drive files on your Apple device. If you would like to save more to this cloud storage, you can also pay for and buy a bigger subscription plan.
Method 4 – Using E-mailing
Perhaps the most straightforward and simplest way to transfer files from iPhone to PC without iTunes is by attaching the files to an e-mail and sending it to yourself. Adding a subject line is optional; all you require is a valid e-mail address. With this method, you can transfer, photos and other files to your Apple device. This method works very well for smaller sized files, as most E-mail providers put a restriction on maximum size that can be attached. The other drawback is network connectivity issues can make the process slower and more difficult. If you are looking to quickly transfer a big sized file, high-quality photo or long video, using WinX MediaTrans as described in the first method is the way to go. To use email, just do these simple things:
- Open up your provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc) on your PC browser and compose a new mail.
- Enter your email address in “To” column and attach all files you would like to transfer. Click “Send” when done.
- On your Apple device, open this e-mail and download all the attachments to your device to see them on the go.
Method 5 – Using other cloud drives
Dropbox and Google Drive are two other very helpful and popular cloud drive storages like iCloud Drive. They offer free trials with sufficient storage to store a good chunk of data and the limitations imposed are usually acceptable as well. Provided the network you use is fast and stable enough, you can easily transfer photos, files, videos and everything else to your Apple device using these online drives.
- To set up on PC, download the application (Dropbox or Google Drive) and sign up on the official website.
- Download the app on your iOS device from the Apple App store and sign in using the ID you just created.
- On your Windows or Mac PC, upload all the required files to the cloud storage. Wait for them to finish uploading.
- Go to the app on your phone and download all files to your storage.
These five methods are the best ways to transfer files from iPhone to PC without iTunes whenever you want to copy music, books, videos or photos. WinX MediaTrans is undoubtedly your best option as it not just simple and easy to use but also gives full access with a free license code. Download today and enjoy the most powerful iPhone manager out there.