Last updated on April 7th, 2021 at 05:42 pm
Our computers tend to accumulate a lot of unwanted junk files and data over time. These files are usually hidden somewhere deep in the folders. There will also be traces of viruses, spyware, malware, and other software that could harm our computer.
Together, these reduce the performance and speed of the device. Just as we have cleaner and speed booster apps running on our phones, we can do the same to our computers. The cleaner software will detect junk files and harmful software and clear them from the system’s memory.
5 best PC cleaner software for Windows in 2021
Cyberlab made by Cyberlab Technologies is our best PC Cleaner pick! Released in 2004, the software takes care of the following-
- Freeing up disk space
- Speeding up the processor
- Solving errors caused by malware
- Fixing browser and internet problems
- Stopping pops up from downloaded Adware
- Providing privacy protection
- Increasing the speed of the internet
- Tracking cookies
- Removing unwanted programs from the computer
It takes three simple steps to run the scan. You can either do it manually or set up an automatic scan. Cyberlab adds an average of 4000 new spyware each day to ensure high-level protection to the computer. The software works on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
Cyberlab free version offers basic system cleanup features.
The Cyberlab Ultimate costs $29.95/ year for 5 computers. The company gives a 30-day money-back guarantee on this plan.
2. AVG TuneUp
AVG TuneUp is a PC optimizer that helps remove junk files, unwanted software and increases computer performance.
- Set up all-round automatic maintenance
- Increase the speed of the PC
- Uninstall software you don’t need/ use
- Delete the hidden junk files and clear up memory space
- Get automatic program updates
- Cleaning browser, tracking cookies, cached files, and more
- Use the sleep mode to put installed programs to sleep and wake them up when you need to use them
- Get rid of bloatware
- One-click software updater for all programs on your system
AVG TuneUp has been designed for personal use only. It works on Windows 7 (SP1+), 8, and 10. The software supports around 15 languages from around the world.
The software costs approximately $20 for one device per year. The company is offering a 20% discount (for the first year). It is available for $16.55.
The software is priced at approximately $27.59 for 10 devices (Windows, Android, Apple) for one year. The company is offering a 15% discount for the first year at $23.45 for 10 devices. The software can be used for free for the first 30 days.
3. Iolo System Mechanic
System Mechanic fixes your PC and speeds up its performance through the following ways-
- Escalates the speed and availability of CPU, RAM, and hard drives
- Find and fix as many as 30,000 issues
- Get rid of bloatware that slows down the system
- Cleanses browsing history and patches weak spots in the system security
- Increase the internet speed by automatically optimize the Windows internet settings
- Can remove up to 50 types of junk and unwanted files from the system
The company gives a 30-day money-back guarantee and free customer support. System Mechanic works with Windows XP/ Vista (up to v188.8.131.52), 7, 8, and 10. The software costs $49.95. The company is currently offering it for a discounted price of $39.96
4. SysTweak Advanced System Optimizer
The Advanced System Optimizer is a free PC cleaner software for Windows XP (32-bit & 64-bit), Vista, 7, 8, and 10. It cleans, optimizes, secures, and encrypts the system while also offering backup and file restoration services.
- Get rid of unwanted/ junk files
- Defragment hard drives for better data allocation
- Prevent unexpected crashes
- Delete browsing history and cookies
- Military technology to delete files permanently
- Encrypting confidential data to prevent unauthorized access
- Optimizing the memory space and games
- Increasing the gaming experience
- Data backup with a restore option
- Creating a backup of system files
You can download the PC cleaner software for free from the company website.
5. Auslogics BoostSpeed 12
BoostSpeed (version 12) works only on Windows 10 computers. It is an award-winning software and has been in use (previous versions) for more than 10 years. There have been more than 15 million downloads.
- Removes unwanted applications
- Cleans out junk files
- Disables startup programs
- Removes duplicate files
- Cleans the registry
- Defragments the hard drive
- Slims down the Windows for better performance
- Restores system ability
- Increases PC speed
- Provides automatic system maintenance
- Privacy protection
- Deletes temporary files
The free version of the software offers basic PC cleaning and optimizing services. The paid version has all features and costs approximately $24.34 for 3 computers. The current discounted price is $20.69 per year for 3 PCs.
Keeping your PC free of malware and junk should not be a time-consuming or complex issue. The PC Cleaner software solutions work in the background to optimize the processor, memory space, RAM and enhance system security.
You can start using the free versions to see if the PC cleaner software is worth paying for the paid version. For regular personal use, the free versions can easily be sufficient. You can choose any software from the 5 best ones we’ve discussed above.